Resolving Complaints

Members Guide to Making a Complaint

There are times when Scheme members, employers and the administering authority may find themselves in disagreement about a pension issue.  The first approach in such situations is for those involved to talk to each other to reach resolution.  However, should this not prove possible, the Borough Council has established an Internal Disputes Resolution Procedure (IDRP).

Our commitment to deal with complaints

What should members do if they have a complaint?

Contact the Pension Section by one of the following ways.

Telephone: 01244 976000


Or write to:

Cheshire Pension Fund,
Cheshire West & Chester Council,
Council Offices,
4 Civic Way,
Ellesmere Port,
CH65 0BE.

What action does the Cheshire Pension Fund take once they recieve a complaint?

The complaint is recorded and referred to a Nominated Complaint Contact.

What does the Nominated Complaint Contact do?

The disagreement may be in relation to benefit entitlement or a dispute about rules or the administration of the Scheme. The Cheshire Pension Fund will seek to clarify or put right any misunderstanding or inaccuracies as quickly and efficiently as possible for members. Most problems are resolved this way and can be easily explained or put right.

What action can members take if they’re still dissatisfied?

If a member is still dissatisfied they have the right to have the complaint independently reviewed under the Internal Dispute Resolution Procedure (IDRP). See link below for further information on IDRP.

Further information is available via the following links