The latest Local Pension Board was held on the 5th February 2019 the full papers can be found at: Local Pension Board
The meeting agenda is outlined below.
1. PROCEDURAL MATTERS
• The Board will receive the minutes of the meeting on 6 November 2018.
• Declarations of interest.
2. REVIEW OF PENSION FUND COMMITTEE MINUTES
To receive the minutes from the Pension Fund Committee meeting of 7 December and Investment Sub-Committee minutes from 16 November.
3. UPDATE FROM THE SCHEME ADVISORY BOARD
The Board will receive a verbal update following the Scheme Advisory Board and its subcommittee’s meetings.
4. PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT FRAMEWORK QUARTER 3 – 2018/19
The Board will receive the Performance Management Framework covering the period 1 October to 31 December 2018 (along with the quarter 2 comparator – 1 July to 30 September 2018).
5. RISK REGISTER
The Board will undertake a review the Risk Register in order to identify whether any amendments are required.
6. THE PENSIONS REGULATOR’s CODE OF PRACTICE
The Board will receive a summary of the Fund’s compliance against the Code of Practice along with details of the actions to be undertaken for areas requiring further improvement.
7. DATA QUALITY, GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION UPDATE
The Board will receive an update on the quarterly data scores for Fund and the actions which are being implemented to improve them. The Board will also receive an update on progress in meeting compliance with the Data Protection Act including the Fund’s response to recommendations set out in a recent audit.
8. LOCAL PENSION BOARD ANNUAL REPORT AND OUTTURN 2018/19
The Board will receive the forecast outturn against the Local Pension Board Budget and will review and comments on a draft of the 2018/19 Annual Report.
9. COMPLIANCE UPDATE
The paper also provides a summary of the Breaches Log for the period 1st April 2015 to 30 September 2018.
10. FEEDBACK FROM EVENTS
Board members will feedback from recent conferences and seminars attended, including
• Cheshire Pension Fund – Employer Meeting – 18 January 2019
• LGPS Central – LPB Chairs – 20 February 2019
• LGPS Central – Stakeholder Day – 27 February 2019
• CIPFA/Barnett Waddingham – LPB Events – March 2019
11.REVIEW AND DEVELOP THE WORK PLAN FOR 2018/19
The Board will review progress against the work plan for 2018/19 and develop the plan for 2019/20.
Board members will discuss the 2019 Training Plan