Select Page
Home » Members » Pensioners » Life events » Thinking of returning to work

Thinking of returning to work

Taking up new employment will not usually affect your local government pension.

If you start a new job after retiring we will not issue you with a P45.  Your tax free allowances will be offset against your pension.

You will need to complete a Starter Checklist from and provide it to your new employer.  Your new employer will then give this information to HMRC and it will help them to use the correct tax code.